There are many reasons why our Watford clients feel the need to call in a plumber. Below we’ve listed a few of the most common ones. But if you’re instead after a carpenter, professional bathroom installation or kitchen installation, don’t hesitate to give us a call. We offer all these services and more!
1. No Hot Water – The most common reason we’re called to homes and places of work around Watford. If hot water won’t come out your taps and you own a gas water heater, be sure to check your pilot light is lit. You should also check to see if your water heater’s temperature is set to a high enough level to heat an adequate amount of water. If neither of these things seem to be causing the problem, we recommend calling in a professional C J B plumber.
2. Clogged Drain – Another common repair, drains often become clogged due to a build-up of grease or foreign objects accidently or recklessly being disposed of. A C B J plumber will quickly be able to diagnose the exact whereabouts of the problem, and get to work unclogging it.
3. Leaking Pipe – Unfortunately, we’ve attend to many situations around Watford where homeowners or companies have put off getting a leaking pipe seen to. But we urge you to get in contact with us if you spot a leak, even if it appears relatively minor. A leak can get worse and worse and cause major damage to floors, walls and possessions.
4. Dripping Faucet – More annoying than anything, a dripping faucet can keep you up at night if it’s within audible distance from your bedroom. Fixing a dripping faucet is usually just a matter of replacing its washers. Be careful of expending too much force turning a faucet, as this can cause washers to wear out much quicker than when handled carefully.
5. Running Toilet – Usually indicative of a broken element within the toilet, or perhaps a poorly executed bathroom installation job, a running toilet is when water continuously runs down into the bowl following a flush. We assist Watford homeowners with this fault on an almost daily basis, so it’s usually a relatively quick repair.